I've tried to use the error control and, strange, the only thing i have obtained is error = 0......
Hmm, are you sure you have
To conclude i suppose the NativeMethods.LoadLibraryW(path); method doesn't like this strange characters in the path of directory of various dll location and in that case is a LoadLibraryW BUG!!!
This is all very odd. We've tried to replicate your environment by creating a user account with periods and dashes in the name. We then created the VB web project in that user's directory, ensuring that the path to the project included periods and dashes. But we still couldn't reproduce the problem.
In any case, we're very happy to hear that you found a way forward! Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.